3. 不同的群量詞形容在行動魚居住的魚
- a school of fish 一群往同一方向的魚
- a shoal of 一群群居的魚
4. A gang of 一幫
除了形容動物以外,群量詞可以形容人類。“Gang” 是「幫派」的意思,“a gang of” 也變成形容一群看起來有點可怕的傢伙。
- a gang of mobsters 一幫流氓
- a gang of thugs 一幫暴徒
- a gang of protestors 一堆抗議者
A: Look at the protestors, they look like a gang of mobsters.
A: 看這一群抗議者,他們看起來像一幫流氓。
B: Come on, they are just college kids, not a gang of thugs. Remember when we were young, we used to protest about everything.
B: 不要這樣啦,他們只不過是大學生,不是一幫暴徒。還記得我們年輕的時候也常常去抗議。
A: But we were peaceful protestors who sat on the grass, not a gang of strangely dressed people with smartphones, and update FB every second…
A: 可是我們那時候是坐在草地上的和平抗議者,不是一幫穿得怪裡怪氣、拿著智慧型手機、每一秒都在都在 po 臉書的怪咖。
5. A round of 一回合
“Round” 是「圓形」,“a round of” 就自然的成為「一回合」,適用於形容「一回酒」(a round of drinks)、「拳擊比賽的一個回合」(a round of boxing match)、「一場高爾夫球」(a round of golf)、還有「拳擊比賽的一回合」(a round of golf)。
- a round of golf 一回高爾夫球
- a round of drinks 一輪酒
- a round of applause 一回掌聲
A: Who wants to join me for a round of golf tomorrow morning?
A: 明天誰想要跟我來一回高爾夫?
B: I’d love to, but you are an early bird. Can we start after 10 a.m.?
B: 我超想,可是你是早起的鳥,我們可以10點以後再開始嗎?
A: No! We got to get to the course at sunrise to enjoy the morning. Why don’t we have just one more round of drinks, and get to bed early.
A: No! 我們一定要在日出的時候到球場。那我們再來一輪酒,然後就準備早點睡了。
B: Okay…
B: 好喔…
A: The hotel provides wake-up call service. You should request a call.
A: 旅館有提供 morning call,你可以請他們叫醒你。
B: If I make it at sunrise, you guys should give me a round of applause…
B: 如果我日出的時候真的到了,你們給我來一回掌聲鼓勵鼓勵好了…
作者簡介/VoiceTube看影片學英語